My other two designations are BCHN and NNCP. I became Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition (BCHN) through the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP) and am also a Natural Nutrition Clinical Practitioner (NNCP) through the Canadian Association of Natural Nutrition Practitioners (CANNP).
I hold the designation NNCP (Natural Nutrition Clinical Practitioner) – so you can check that designation alongside any ‘holistic nutrition’ services that your insurance provider may cover.
A lot of “Health Spending Accounts” and “Flex Plans” also allow members to choose where they would like their funds directed so in those cases the services of a holistic nutritionist would be covered.
Again, to cover your bases, communicate with your insurance provider directly.
In all seriousness, having someone on your health team that can address food and nutrition is extremely valuable. Holistic Nutritionist’s can help with a variety of body system imbalances. Here are some examples of when you might want to engage the service of an CHNC | BCHN | NNCP:
- Do you want to uncover food sensitivities and learn how to manage what you can eat around them?
- Alternately, do you already have food allergies/sensitivities and want some guidance on what foods to introduce into your diet?
- Do you want to pursue even better health and wellness through making better nutrition choices?
- Do you want to improve mood and energy levels?
- Do you have some extra weight you would like to lose?
- Do you want to work with someone who can help motivate and lead you towards revealing the best you?
- Do you have an upcoming surgery and want pre and post surgical nutrition support to ensure a strong immune system?
Instead we look at the various body systems and implement change to support those systems by improving health and wellness through sound nutritional choices.
Holistic Nutritionists do not replace the advice provided by a medical or naturopath doctor. Instead we work alongside these professionals to ensure our clients are receiving the best care possible.
Small group nutrition support is available in Victoria, BC.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in working with me.
I will communicate a nutrition plan to you so that you are always aware of where we are headed, however nutrition, like exercise, is guided on a timeline dependant on each persons willingness to commit.
The minimum amount of time I work with someone is 3 months and it could easily end up being over a year if you have multiple health goals you are looking to achieve.