Happy Thanksgiving long weekend!
I trust that if Thanksgiving is your thing then you’ll be having a nice meal with some of your favourite people. If your family is anything like mine then you’re big on doing a potluck style meal where everyone brings something tasty to create a nourishing meal.
If you like me are responsible for bringing a tasty dessert this year then you’re going to love the pecan recipe I have for you! Gluten free, dairy free and super-duper tasty your family’s going to love you for bringing this tasty treat over.
2 cups Pitted Dates (divided)
1 1/2 cups Cashews (soaked for 1 hour and drained)
1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
3/4 cup Water
2 cups Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Create the crust by combining half of the dates and all of the cashews and coconut flakes together in a food processor. Process until a thick, evenly distributed mixture forms.
- Line a square baking dish with parchment paper. Press the crust mixture down evenly into the dish. Take some time to really pack it in there so the crust doesn’t crumble.
- Take the remaining dates and finely chop them into pieces. Place chopped dates in a saucepan with the water. Place over medium-low heat and stir continuously until a thick gooey mixture forms. Remove from heat and stir in about 3/4 of the pecans. Then transfer mix into the baking dish over top of the crust. Press the remaining pecans evenly into the top to make it pretty.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before lifting the parchment paper out of the dish and cutting into squares.