Coconut Flour Pancakes
- 4 eggs, organic
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Coconut oil or grass feed butter for frying
- Preheat griddle over medium-low heat. In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy, about two minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla, and honey.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Stir wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated.
- Grease pan with butter or coconut oil. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake. The pancakes should be 2-3 inches in diameter and fairly thick. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the batter starts to bubble. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with butter, coconut oil, honey, syrup, or fruit.
Mexi Style Breakfast Scramble
Makes 2 Servings
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chilli powder (or ground chipotle)
- ¼ tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (optional)
- 12 oz chicken breasts, grilled and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Scramble eggs in a bowl. Add cumin, chili powder, sea salt, and water.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and jalapeno to the hot skillet. Sautee 3-5 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Add eggs and chicken, and cook while continuously stirring until eggs are light and fluffy.
- Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes, and top with fresh cilantro to serve.
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 banana (ripe, mashed)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
Preheat oven to 300F.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon
and sea salt.
Add the mashed banana and coconut oil into the bowl with the oat mixture.
Use a spoon to stir until all is very well combined. The mixture should be evenly
Spread mixture in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Press down slightly
and place in oven.
Bake for 45-55 minutes, checking and tossing every 15 minutes. Break up large
clusters as necessary. Once the granola is evenly browned and no longer feels
damp, remove from oven. As it cools it will crisp up even more, so do not over-bake.
Once cooled, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one
week. Or store in the freezer for a few months.