Yield: 1 generous serving or 2 small servings
This is the green smoothie for people who hate green smoothies! The ginger, lemon juice, coconut oil, and chia seeds are all detox superfoods and give you a light, refreshing smoothie.
- ½ cup kale or spinach
- 1 small green apple, cored and roughly chopped
- ½ medium English cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1½ teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 4 to 5 ice cubes
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (optional)
- Put all the ingredients except the ice and maple syrup in a blender and blend on high speed until very smooth. Blend in ice and maple syrup to taste.